Wordsmithing Alchemy™ by Dr. Gruder
Can’t Find the Right Words to Say?
- Have a complex or emotionally difficult message you need to deliver but can’t find the right words to say it?
- Need to build more clarity, compellingness and “wow” into your marketing materials or website than you or your own people have been able to do?
- Have an amazing book in you but wordsmithing isn’t your strength?
Then psychologist Dr. David Gruder’s Wordsmithing Alchemy™ might be just what you’ve been searching for.
“Whoever has the best words wins.” ~ Dr. Donald Moine
This is as true in your personal life as in your work life.
Think of your message as a piece of music you are composing that has magnificent potential. All it needs to fulfill its potential is a great arranger who brings out its brilliance, a great orchestra to perform it, and a talented conductor who makes sure that the music is performed masterfully. Your message is the music.
- The arrangement is your music (message) made psychologically irresistible.
- The instruments in the orchestra are the words, phrases and psychological nuance that best convey your message.
- The arranger and conductor who transforms your message into a symphonic masterpiece with the instruments at his disposal is Dr. Gruder.
How Dr. Gruder Evolved into a Wordsmith Alchemist™
Dr. Gruder grew up in a family of outstanding writers. His father was an attorney who mastered the art of writing highly technical legal documents that had to be 100% accurate and concise in order to be effective. His mother was a former magazine editor who later became a published poet and song lyricist whose creations had to touch people’s hearts in order to be effective. Imagine growing up with both of these people critiquing and proofreading your work year after year until you finally ran off to college where they couldn’t do that to you anymore!
Even though Dr. Gruder escaped his parents’ editing when he went off to college, the writing bug had been planted deep within him. Whatever potential he had for developing writer’s block vanished during the first half of the 1970s when he was the Executive Editor of his university’s newspaper (Alfred University’s “Fiat Lux”). He regularly finished editing everyone else’s articles with perhaps twenty minutes left before the typesetting deadline (yes, in those days newspapers still had to be sent out for typesetting!). The problem was that he hadn’t yet written his own newspaper column for that issue. Not only was writer’s block not an option, but imagine all the other skills he developed because of having only twenty minutes to write a final edited proofread version of his own column, week after week!
Since then, Dr. Gruder has become an eight book-award-winning professional writer as an author and co-author of several books. In addition, he has written countless articles, blog posts and training manuals, and has written copy for speeches, websites, press releases, and other marketing materials.
What is Wordsmithing Alchemy?™
Alchemy is the mythological process of transforming lead into gold: something ordinary into something extremely precious. Dr. Gruder calls his writing process Wordsmithing Alchemy™ because he almost magically transforms mere words into golden messages with high impact. That’s what he does as the arranger and conductor of the message you’re composing.
The secret to Dr. Gruder’s Wordsmithing Alchemy™ gift is his creative way of orchestrating his rare blend of talents as a muse, facilitator and word finder to embed multiple layers of meaning every word and phrase:
- Interviewing skills and ability to rapidly grasp a message’s deepest meaning… acquired as a reporter
- Depth of emotional intelligence and articulation… acquired as a clinical psychologist
- Ability to combine technical precision with artistic flair and emotional impact… acquired from his parents’ writing skills
- Expertise as an editor and proofreader… acquired through being the Executive Editor of his college newspaper as a young man
- Finding the right words and turning the right phrases so effectively and consistently that he’s won eight book awards
- An almost Jedi-like ability to persuade by telling the truth in emotionally disarming and highly motivating ways… instead of by spinning the truth or otherwise sacrificing integrity (he is, in fact, world renowned for Helping Businesses Make Integrity Profitable™ and Wordsmithing Alchemy™ is one of the ways he does this)
What can all this mean to the messages you need to put into words? Think again about the questions at the top of this page:
- Leaders: Do you want to effectively convey your grasp of conceptually complex or emotionally challenging issues, or your perspective on those issues, but can’t seem to find the words that will gain the support of your constituents or stakeholders?
- Businesses/Conferences/Nonprofits: Do you need to build more “wow” into your marketing materials for an event, your website or business marketing materials, but successfully articulating the “wow” has been elusive to you or your team?
- People in the Public Eye:Are you a high profile person with a book in you that you’re confident can become a bestseller, but you’ve haven’t yet written it because of any of the following reasons:
- You need an expert interviewer/muse to draw out your story and/or messages
- You’re clear you’ve got a compelling story but wordsmithing it isn’t your strength
- You need a seasoned spiritually-oriented psychologist to help you access and articulate the deepest meaning of the experiences you want to write about so others can gain the greatest value from reading it
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, use the contact page on this website to contact Dr. Gruder to find out if his Wordsmithing Alchemy™ are a right fit for your needs and circumstances.
David Stanley did. Dr. Gruder’s Wordsmithing Alchemy™ helped Stanley’s wildly well received book, “Conversations With the King,” effectively convey the powerful messages he felt called to share with the world: “You helped me peel back the layers of my inner self and put them into the words that filled this book.”
The California Women’s Conference did. According to their event publicist, the Wordsmithing Alchemy™ Dr. Gruder did on their core marketing messages provided the keys that unleashed the conference’s team of writers and marketing professionals to get the word out more effectively than they would otherwise have done.
How about you? If you’ve got the need, and the budget for this premium service from Dr. Gruder, he would love to hear from you. Use the contact page on this website to contact him.
From the song “Find the Right Words” by Blondie…
Can I find the right words to say?
The right words are so hard to say.
It’s a challenger puzzle from the magazine section across with the questions.
Do the ethics of reference.
One hundred twenty brain teasers to torment you.
One hundred thoughts.
I can’t find the right words to say.
My meaning’s not quite getting through.
The right words are so hard to say.
Can I find the right words for you?
Let’s not hedge our bets ’cause the odds are dependent.
Please listen instead, now the whispers are ending.
The point’s misleading as points often do.
Can I find the right words for you?